What is a Gastric Balloon Surgery?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Laparoscopy Surgery Site
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
- +91-9373055368Call us at the given to contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding Affordable Laparoscopic Metabolic In India is provided on our website with Best Laparoscopic Surgeons Top Laparoscopic Hospitals
The gastric balloon also known as intra gastric balloon (IGB) is a new FDA-approved minimally invasive procedure for weight loss. It involves inserting a balloon in your stomach to help give the feeling of fullness and reduce the appetite thereby resulting in weight loss. This procedure is best suited for people who are obese or overweight and have been unable to lose weight through diet and exercise. It is a simple procedure in which a soft, expandable balloon made of pliable silicone material is inserted in its smallest, deflated form. The balloon is filled with sterile saline with a small catheter once it reaches the stomach.
Who is a Good Candidate for Gastric Balloon Surgery?
You are a good candidate for the gastric balloon surgery if:
- Your body mass index (BMI) is between 30 and 40
- You do not want a surgical procedure
- You are ready to accept temporary implant in the stomach
- You are willing to commit to the healthy lifestyle changes and regular medical follow-up as well as participate in the behavioural therapy
- You have not had any previous stomach or esophageal surgery
- You do not have heartburn
- You do not have poorly stabilized diabetes type II
The gastric balloon surgery isn’t the right choice for every individual who is overweight. Discuss with your doctor to see if this procedure might be beneficial for you.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Gastric Balloon Surgery
- It is a simple, small procedure and not a major surgery
- The balloon is adjustable and has a good life
- Low cost procedure compared to other major procedures
- Relatively less or no complications compared to the major procedures
- Weight loss is interrelated with the proper diet and exercise but effective
- Procedure takes only about half an hour with a shorter recovery period
Best Surgeons for Laparoscopic Gastric Balloon Surgery in India
The best surgeons for the laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery in India are board-certified and trained in the West. This weight loss procedure is performed by experienced and top surgeons in India. The surgeons in India have vast experience and are well-adept in handling all the weight loss cases. They are assisted by a huge network of well-equipped hospitals and clinics that have the most modern medical technology at their disposal. The trained supporting staff and nurses help in making this procedure more successful and efficient.
Top Hospitals for Laparoscopic Gastric Balloon Surgery in India
The top hospitals for laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery in India are well-equipped with the most modern medical technology. They adopt a service-oriented delivery method which offers the cost-effective medical care with an uncompromising commitment to provide care to the patients. The highly skilled medical team comprising of experienced surgeons, trained supporting staff and nurses help in making the procedure more successful. The low cost of gastric balloon procedures in India has made it a popular destination amongst thousands of foreign patients who undergo their weight loss treatment each year.
How to Prepare for a Gastric Balloon Procedure?
Your healthcare team will provide you with specific instructions on how to prepare for your procedure to have an intragastric balloon placed in your stomach. You may be required to undergo various lab tests and exams before your procedure. You may need to restrict what you eat and drink and the medications you take in the time leading up to the procedure. You may also be required to start a physical activity program.
What to Expect During a Gastric Balloon Procedure?
This procedure is done in the endoscopy unit as an outpatient procedure and the patient will be sedated during this procedure.
During a gastric balloon procedure, a thin tube called a catheter is loaded with an intragastric balloon down your throat into the stomach. The surgeon then advances an endoscope, which is a flexible tube with a camera attached down your throat into your stomach which allows them to see the balloon as he or she fills it with saline. This is the same-day procedure and hence will take less than thirty minutes to complete. You can go home several hours after the procedure. The balloon will be removed after about six months, the maximum amount of time it can remain in place.
What to Expect After a Gastric Balloon Procedure?
You will need two hours for recovery and observation. You may experience nausea for the first three days or until your body gets used to the balloon. You may feel minimal discomfort for the first few days and then a feeling of fullness. You can have small amounts of liquid starting about six hours post procedure. Generally, the liquid diet continues until the start of the second week. You’ll probably be able to start eating regular food around three weeks after the insertion of the intragastric balloon. You can return to the normal activity after being discharged. You will have the most success by following a healthy diet and exercise program.
The intragastric balloons are left in place for up to six months and then removed using an endoscope. You’ll have frequent meetings with the members of your medical team, including nutritions and psychologists after undergoing this procedure.
An intragastric balloon can make you feel fuller faster than you would normally, hence it means you’ll eat less. The amount of weight loss depends on how much you can change your lifestyle habits.
What is the Cost of Gastric Balloon Surgery in India?
India offers the best quality low cost medical procedures, including the laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery. The medical services in India costs 70-80% lesser than in the UK, USA and other developed countries. Check out the cost comparison of gastric balloon surgery in India.
What Do We Provide?
IndiaLaparoscopySurgeryite.com are the pioneers of medical tourism in India. We put forward a cost –effective laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery at the best hospitals of India. Our associate hospitals are JCI credited and strictly adheres to international norms of laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery. Our associate hospitals have surgical teams lead by the best laparoscopic surgeons of India. The surgeons at these hospitals are highly skilled and hold expertise in all types of laparoscopic surgeries.
Planning laparoscopic gastric balloon surgery in India with us is a simple and clutter free process. IndiaLaparoscopySurgeryite.com offers you;
- A transparency in planning your medical visit to India.
- Best surgical options available in India those are cost-effective too!
- Complete value for your hard earned money.
- One on one assistance throughout your visit.
- Comprehensive foreign language assistance when required.
- Personalized care by our dedicated hospitality staff.
- Complete assistance in planning your visit, including travel, hospital stay, appointments with doctors.
If you are seeking for the Laparoscopic Gastric Balloon surgery in India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our surgeons. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding Laparoscopic Gastric Balloon surgery in India.