Qualification: M.C.P.S. M.S. F.I.C.S
Consultant: General & Laparoscopic Surgeon at Wockhardt Hospital.
Dr. Ramesh M. Punjani is practicing surgeon, having passion for laparoscopic surgery. He has been practicing general surgery since last 18 years. He is also doing Laparoscopic Surgery for last 8 years. He has already participated in more than 2000 Laparoscopic operations. He himself has done more than 1000 surgeries, both basics as well as advanced. He is also involved in teaching medical undergraduates and postgraduates at K. J. Somaiya Medical College, Sion, as an associate professor. He is on faculty for training other surgeons in Basic surgical skills, Stapplers in surgery as well as Laparoscopic surgery at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education at Mahim.
- 1982 - MBBS from Grant Medical College, MumbaiObtained DISTINCTION in Surgery
- 1986 - M.S. (General Surgery), Grant Medical College, MumbaiDissertation: “ aparoscopy in diagnosis of Abdominal Tuberculosis”
- 1994 - Fellow of International College of Surgery
Professional Qualifications & Fellowship
He has presented various papers in different conferences across the country to name few:
- MASICON-2001 – Laparoscopy, an important tool in exploring Pandors”s box, a study of 126 cases.
- MASICON-2002 – Laparoscopic surgery in diseases of small bowel, a study of 36 cases
- MASICON-2003 – Laparoscopic Appendicectomy, is it worthwhile?, a study of 236 cases.
He has published various papers in different journals.
- Indian Journal of Surgery –
- Original paper on “ A simple and safe technique of open insertion of umbilical cannula at
- Case report on “ An unusual presentation of intestinal duplication.”
- Indian Journal of Gastro entrology –
- A case report on “ Port site infection with Mycobacterium Chelonei following