Laparoscopic bariatric surgery in India
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Laparoscopy Surgery Site
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
- +91-9373055368Call us at the given to contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding Affordable Laparoscopic Bariatric In India is provided on our website with Best Laparoscopic Surgeons Top Laparoscopic Hospitals
What is laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery?
'Bariatric surgery' is a term used for all types of weight-loss surgeries. These surgeries are indicated in severely obese individuals who did not respond to non-surgical methods of weight-loss. The bariatric surgery when done with the aid of a tiny video camera or laparoscope is termed as ‘laparoscopic weight loss surgery’. A laparoscopic bariatric surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, in which part of the stomach /intestine are removed or restricted and rearrange. Hence, causing limitation of food intake and absorption of nutrients from the gut; thereby weight-loss.
'Bariatric surgery' is a term used for all types of weight-loss surgeries. These surgeries are indicated in severely obese individuals who did not respond to non-surgical methods of weight-loss. The bariatric surgery when done with the aid of a tiny video camera or laparoscope is termed as 'laparoscopic weight loss surgery'. A laparoscopic bariatric surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, in which part of stomach /intestine are removed or restricted and rearrange. Hence, causing limitation of food intake and absorption of nutrients from the gut; thereby weight-loss.
Best Surgeons for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India
The team involved in performing the laparoscopic bariatric surgery includes experienced physicians and best surgeons, nurses, experienced anesthesiologists, specialty-educated nutritionists and as needed, pulmonogists, cardiologists, rehabilitation therapists and psychiatric staff. As per the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the surgeons performing the bariatric surgery must be committed to the multidisciplinary management of the patient, both before and after surgery. The best surgeons in India are skilled in patient education and selection and are also committed to the long-term patient management and follow-up care at the low costs compared to the cost of treatment in other developed nations. They are actively associated with the multiple patient care disciplines including, nutrition, diabetology, anesthesiology, orthopaedic surgery, psychiatry, cardiology and rehabilitation.
Although not a necessity for the coverage, preferably, the best surgeons should be a board certified by the American Board of Surgery or in the process of certification within five years after the completion of an accredited residency program in general or the gastrointestinal surgery and the re-certification has been obtained by the American Board of Surgery on a 10-year basis, if applicable.
The most appropriate qualifications for a bariatric surgeon include either the fellowship training or the extended mentoring by an experienced surgeon, most ideally by the members of the international or national bariatric societies in every aspect of the bariatric surgery, the advanced laparoscopic techniques and the additional training in the re-operative techniques.
List of Top Surgeons for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India
Consult the Best Surgeon for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India Click Here
Top Hospitals for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India
The surgical center at the top hospitals for laparoscopic bariatric surgery in India is committed to provide adequate facilities and the latest equipments, as well as properly trained and funded appropriate bariatric surgery support staff at low costs. The minimal standards in these areas are set by the institution and maintained under the supervision of a qualified bariatric surgeon who is in charge of a comprehensive and experienced bariatric surgery team. The laparoscopic surgery department at the top hospitals in India is equipped with the latest technology, the state-of-the-art infrastructure and supported by an experienced team of best laparoscopic bariatric surgeons in India at low costs compared to that in the US & UK. Depending upon the patient’s unique condition and health, the top hospitals in India provides highly effective laparoscopic bariatric surgery options with superior care and a proven track record of successful outcomes at the most affordable prices in India.
The top 5 hospitals for laparoscopic bariatric surgery in India includes Apollo Hospitals Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, Hyderabad, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, Columbia Asia Hospital, Pune & Nova Hospital, Mumbai.
List of Best Hospitals for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India
Contact the Top Hospital for Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery in India Click Here
Who is a Candidate for laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery?
The criteria of electing a candidate for a gastric bypass surgery include:
- Individuals with BMI 40 or higher
- Individuals with BMI 35- 39.9 and underlying obesity-related health problem like; cardiovascular disease, type -2 diabetes, sleep disorders, stroke, hypertension and chronic acid reflux
- In rare case, individual with BMI 30-34 and life threatening weight-related problem
What can one expect after laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery?
After a laparoscopic Bariatric surgery, usually patients are not allowed to eat for 2-3 days to ensure proper healing of stomach and intestine. After 3rd day a liquid diet is started that is followed by a soft diet in next few days. A specific diet plan is to be followed for about 12 weeks after surgery; the diet plan may restrict certain food or amount of food/drinks to be taken. Routine health checkups and lab tests are expected for monitoring of weight-loss. Some individual are likely to face issues like body aches, fatigue, hair loss, dry skin and mood swing in first 3-6 months after surgery. These issues are related rapid weight loss in first few months after the surgery.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
Laparoscopic Bariatric surgeries aren’t any quick-fix surgery; careful monitoring of diet and regular exercises is essential to achieve weight-loss after this surgery. By apt life style modifications an individual can lose up to half of the excess weight within first two years after surgery. Along with weight-loss, gastric bypass surgery, also help to manage conditions like cardiovascular disease, type -2 diabetes, sleep disorders, stroke, hypertension and chronic acid reflux
Life after Bariatric Surgery
Weight-loss occurs as desired within first two years of bariatric surgery. Sincere lifestyle changes are required for long-term effectiveness of surgery. Restriction from food rich in cholesterol, saturated fats and salt is mandatory. A well-balanced diet enriched with fiber, minerals and vitamins is helpful in augmenting weight-loss. Complete restriction/moderation of alcohol intake and smoking is required. Along with these changes, daily engaging in an optimum level of physical exercises are also suggested after bariatric surgery.
What is the cost of laparoscopic bariatric surgery in India?
The cost comparison of laparoscopic weight-loss surgery in India is quite low, compared to cost of the same procedure in the US or UK.
How it is better choice to choose India for laparoscopic bariatric surgery?
India offers the best in class and cost-effective health care facilities. The best hospitals across India are dedicated in providing optimum health care with compassion. These hospitals are equipped with the latest medical technologies and harvest the best medical talent. The surgeons of India are highly professional, well-qualified and renowned in world for skills and expertise in all genera of laparoscopic weight-loss surgeries. The best option available for laparoscopic obesity surgery in India includes high-end surgeries like:
- Laparoscopic gastric banding: During this weight loss surgery, the surgeon places a band around the upper part of your stomach to create a small pouch to hold the food. The band limits the amount of food you can eat by making you feel fuller after eating smaller amounts of food. After the surgery, your surgeon can adjust the band to make the food pass more slowly or quickly through your stomach.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass: It is a type of weight loss surgery in which the stomach is divided into an upper small pouch and a remnant lower large pouch. This procedure results in weight loss by restricting the amount of food intake and the amount of nutrients absorbed from the gut. Nowadays, this surgical procedure is performed by using a laparoscope.
- Laparoscopic Roux-en Y gastric bypass surgery
- Laparoscopic malabsorptive surgery
- Laparoscopic restrictive surgery
Types of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries
- Malabsorptive Bariatric surgery
- Malabsorptive Bariatric surgery
- Jejunoileal bypass surgery
- Ileal transposition surgery/ laparoscopic surgery for diabetes
- Endoluminal sleeve surgery
- Restrictive Bariatric surgery
- Adjustable gastric banding: Commonly called as a lap-band or LAGB, is an inflatable silicone device that is placed around the top portion of the stomach to treat obesity. It is intended to slow the consumption of food and thus reduce the amount of food consumed.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: It is a surgical weight loss procedure in which the stomach is reduced about 25% of its original size, by surgically removing a large portion of the stomach along the greater curvature and the result is a sleeve or tube like structure Read more.
- Vertical sleeve gastroplasty
- Gastric balloon surgery: It is a relatively new, non-invasive bariatric procedure developed to bridge the gap between pure diet and exercise and a more complicated bariatric procedure like the gastric sleeve surgery.
- Gastric placation surgery
- Mixed Bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass surgery: It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine can handle the food you eat. After the surgery, your stomach will be smaller and you will feel full with less food. The food you eat will no longer go into some parts of your stomach and small intestine that absorbs food and hence your body will not get all the calories from the food you eat. Read more
- Implantable gastric stimulation surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy with duodenal switch
What do we provide?
IndiaLaparoscopySurgeryite.com are the pioneers of medical tourism in India. We put forward a low cost laparoscopic bariatric surgery at the best hospitals of India. Our associate hospitals are JCI credited and strictly adheres to international norms of laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Our associate hospitals have surgical teams lead by the best laparoscopic surgeons of India. The surgeons at these hospitals are highly skilled and hold expertise in all types of laparoscopic obesity surgeries. Looking for laparoscopic bariatric surgery cost in India with us is a simple and clutter free process. IndiaLaparoscopySurgeryite.com offers you;
- A transparency in planning your medical visit to India
- Best surgical options available in India those are cost-effective too!
- Complete value for your hard earned money
- One on one assistance throughout your visit
- Comprehensive foreign language assistance when required
- Personalized care by our dedicated hospitality staff
- Complete assistance in planning your visit, including travel, hospital stay, appointments with doctors.
If you are seeking for the Affordable Laparoscopic Bariatric In India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our surgeons. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding Low Cost Laparoscopic Bariatric In India with Best Laparoscopic Surgeons Top Laparoscopic Hospitals.