What is Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery? What you need to know about Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery?
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Laparoscopy Surgery Site
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is a minimal invasive procedure doneto remove the gallbladder by using laparoscopic techniques. Since last decade, this surgery has become procedure of choice for routine gall bladder removal.Laparoscopicgallbladder surgery is indicated in patients with asymptomatic gallstones, symptomatic gallstones, gallstone pancreatitis, biliary colic, Acute Cholecystitis, Choledocholithiasis, Mirizzi syndrome and benign gallbladder tumors. Unlike the traditional Open gallbladder removal surgical procedure, the Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is done only by making few small incisions, hence there is less post operative discomfort and minimal scarring. Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery also reduces the overall hospital stay and promotes a quicker recovery in the patient.
How to check compatibility for performing Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery?
Even though, Laparoscopicgallbladder surgery is a safe surgery as compared to open gallbladder removal surgery, still it is contraindicated in some individuals. A proper medical screening of patient is done prior surgery to check compatibility of Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery with patient. The exclusion criteria for this surgery include individuals presenting with:
- Inability to tolerate general anesthesia
- Uncontrolled coagulopathy
- Obstructive disease of lung
- Congestive heart failure
- Malignant gall bladder carcinoma
- Gangrene of gall bladder
- End stage liver cirrhosis
- Pregnancy (with severe complications)
How is Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery performed?
After appropriate pre-operative examinations and preparations the patient is shifted to OT for Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. A prime incision of about half an inch is made around the navel area. Three other incisions of about quarter to half inch are also made nearby the prime incision. Laparoscopic ports are placed through these four incisions for inserting laparoscope (narrow instrument with camera placed at its tip) and surgical instruments. A laparoscope is introduced via the prime incision that aids the surgeon during surgery by providing a magnified view of patient's abdominal organs. The other three incisions are used to introduce surgical instruments that help the surgeon to dissect and remove gallbladder from liver and bile ducts. One of these ports is later used to remove separated gallbladder from patient's abdomen. Once the gallbladder is removed all the four incision are closed.
Is Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery safe?
Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery is a fairly safe surgical procedure that holds an outstanding safety record. The overall rate of complications is less than 2%.The complications associated with this surgery are similar to any other surgical procedure.
What are the risks of Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery?
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is not often associated with post operative risk. The success rate of this surgery is very high and most of the patients have a speedy recovery following the surgery. The complications that can occur after Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery are:
- Bleeding from site of incision
- Chest infections (pneumonia)
- Accidental surgical injury to adjacent organs
- Leakage of bile in abdominal cavity
- Formation of blood clots
- Pulmonary embolism
Why to choose India for Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery?
Since last few years, India has emerged as an exceptional choice among the various countries of world for planning medical visits.Each year India receives patients from more than 40 countries across the globe. The availability of well established health care institutions, sate of the art therapeutic and diagnostic facilities, best in world medical talent and cost-effective treatment has made India stand head-high on health care platform of the world. The best hospitals of India are integrated with latest technologies and health care amenities. These hospitals have surgical teams lead by the best laparoscopic surgeons of India holding a remarkable success rate in all kind of laparoscopic surgeries. Even the most advanced robot assisted Single Incision Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is performed in these hospitals. Hence, India is indeed a wise choice for planning laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.
Benefits of doing Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery in India
The numerous benefits of doing Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in India are:
- Hospitals providing best in class medical facilities
- Accurate management of medical conditions by using latest diagnostic and therapeutic technology
- Excellent infrastructure of health care institutions across India
- Professional surgical teams lead by highly experienced and well qualified laparoscopic surgeons. The surgeons of India are recognized in world for their knowledge and skills.
- Surgeries done by using latest laparoscopic technique and international standard consumables.
- Well-trained paramedical staff and nursing staff to provide compassionate pre and post- operative care
- The cumulative cost of post-operative stay at hospital is fairly low in India comparable to western country. Hence, patient can opt for longer hospital stay that further help in complication free recovery
- Availability of exceptional rehabilitation and recuperation facilities
- The entire health care providers in India easily understand and speak English. Therefore, there is no problem in communicating during the visit
- A lost cost surgical procedure as compared to western countries that helps to save hefty amount of money
What do we provide?
IndiaLaparoscopySurgerySite are the pioneers of medical tourism in India. We put forward a cost -effective laparoscopic gallbladder surgery at the best hospitals of India. Our associate hospitals are JCI credited and strictly adheres to international norms of laparoscopic gallbladder surgery. Our associate hospitals have surgical teams lead by the best laparoscopic surgeons of India. The surgeons at these hospitals are highly skilled and hold expertise in all types of laparoscopic surgery. Planning laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in India with us is a simple and clutter free process. IndiaLaparoscopySurgerySite offers you;
- A transparency in planning your medical visit to India
- Best surgical options available in India those are cost-effective too!
- One on one assistance throughout your visit
- Personalized care by our dedicated hospitality staff
- Complete assistance in planning your visit including travel, hospital stay, appointments with doctors
- Assistance in planning a tour to various scenic places across India that will help you to recuperate well after surgery
If you are really seeking for the Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery in India, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation by our surgeons. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery in India you are seeking for.