E-mail & appointmentDr. A K Singal, Best Pediatric Urosurgeon, India
Book Immediate Appointment at Email ID
Number For Fast Track Query Reply : +91-9373055368
Dr A. K. Singal is a Pediatric Urosurgeon at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai with an experience of 11+ years. He is also the Founding Director for Hypospadias Foundation. Dr. Singal completed his MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College under Delhi University and was in top one percent of his university. Subsequently, he received pediatric surgery training at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. Dr. Singal, Best pediatric urologist surgeon in India has received the International Scholarship for advanced training in Pediatric Urology at Columbus Children’s Hospital which was later renamed as Nationwide Childrens Hospital, Ohio State University, USA. Top pediatric urologist surgeon in India has worked under the guidance of Dr. V R Jayanthi and Dr. Steven Koff who are world renowned in the field of Pediatric Urology. Read Dr. A. K. Singal Reviews to know more about the best pediatric Urosurgeon in India.
Dr. Singal was invited as a Visiting Professor of Pediatric Urology at Division of Pediatric Urology at University of Minnesota in the year 2008. Best Urologist Specialist in Mumbai, India has more than 35 scientific papers in the peer reviewed indexed medical journals to his credit and he is also a reviewer in the Medical journals. Dr. Singal, Pediatric urologist at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai has contributed chapters to the World Textbook of Pediatric Urology and Textbook of Pediatric Surgery. Best Urologist Specialist in Mumbai, India has also been an invited speaker at World Congress of Pediatric Urology, American Urological Association, British Association of Pediatric Surgeons and also Asian Congress of Pediatric Surgery. Dr Singal received U.C.Chakravorty award for the “Best Research paper” for his Urology research work at the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons annual meeting in 2004.
Presently, Dr. Singal is involved in creating awareness about the Pediatric Urology as a Specialty and has devoted his time and energy to set up the Kidney Stone Clinic for Children & Hypospadias foundation. Top Pediatric Urologist in Mumbai has developed a non-surgical treatment algorithm for the patients with tight foreskin- phimosis having over 80% success rates and a lot of unnecessary circumcisions have been avoided. Fill up the free consultation form on the website to request an instant appointment with Dr. Singal.
A well trained and experienced surgeon in Laparoscopic Surgery and Endourological surgeries in young kids, Dr Singal has experience in Endoscopic injections for vesico-ureteral reflux disease and Laparoscopic surgery for conditions such as VUR, Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction, intersex disorders, ovarian cysts, hernia, undescended testis and other urological conditions in children. The laparoscopic surgery helps in faster recovery and less pain. Dr. Singal, Best Pediatric Urologist in Mumbai, India also takes a great interest in Antenatally Diagnosed Kidney abnormalities and does counselling for the prospective parents. With the advances in technology, most of the kidney structural abnormalities such as hydronephrosis, obstruction, absent kidney, double kidney, reflux, can be picked up on Antenatal USG. This has important repercussions for the developing baby as well as the parents. Parents need to be properly counseled about the outcome and things needed after birth and most of these problems are easily treatable after birth.
Dr Singal feels that the children with any kidney problems needs early diagnosis and treatment as kidneys are vital for the growth and development. In most cases where we see renal failure in young adults, it’s probably due to Pediatric Nephro-Urological conditions that are not recognised and well managed in the pediatric age group. Children from all across India from other states and cities such as Pune, Nasik, Ahmedabad, Thane, Baroda, Surat, Indore, Bangalore, Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, and other countries such as Nepal, Bangaldesh, Greece, Pakistan, Nigeria, Iraq, UAE, Tanzania, Qatar and Kuwait have travelled with their family to get treated under Dr Singal's care in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai, India. Contact us to Book Online Appointment with Dr. A K Singal via Email Address given on the website.
- MBBS, Maualana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1993-1998
- M.Ch in Pediatric Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi, 1999-2005
- DNB, MNAMS Pediatric Surgery, NAMS, New Delhi, 2005
- Stecker Scholarship in Pediatric Urology, Columbus Children’s Hospital, Ohio State University, Medical Center, USA, 2005-2006
- Pediatric Urologist
Association of Dr. A K Singal with Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
At the Department of Urology in Fortis Hospital, Mumbai we offer the advanced urological care which is at par with the international standards. We offer complete spectrum of diagnostics and treatment for the paediatric urology, prostate diseases, urology cancers, reconstructive urology surgery, laproscopic urology, erectile dysfunction, stone disease, paediatric renal transplant and andrology. Consult Pediatric Urologist at Fortis Hospital Mumbai via Contact Number given on the website.
- Dr Singal has worked at various medical institutes in India. His innovative surgeries and difficult cases have found a frequent mention in newspapers and telemedia. He has over 35 international publications, numerous presentations at the international meetings and has been felicitated at various academic forums.
- A visiting faculty at University of Minnesota and Ohio State University in USA.
- Dr Singal has also been active in clinical research and has been invited to speak at European Pediatric Urology meeting in April 2013 to speak about Genital Anthropometry and environmental pollution.
- Dr Singal manages children with Hypospadias, undescended testis, hernias, reflux, antenatal hydronephrosis, kidney stones, urinary infections, urinary incontinence etc.
- Beyond involvement in direct patient care & medical education, Dr Singal has been proactive in designing medical equipment, developing treatment algorithms and establishing new methods of health care delivery.
- Healthcare Entrepreneurships:
- Dr Singal devised a Hypospadias catheter and an instrument set for operating on children with urinary malformations, Nov 2007
- Hypospadias Foundation: Dr Singal joined hands with Dr Manish Dubey, a noted urologist in Navi Mumbai to provide support for children with abnormal reproductive organs and conditions such as Hypospadias and disorders of sex development. Every year more than 100 children undergo surgery for hypospadias at the centre, Nov 2008
- MITR Hospital- A specialty surgical centre for minimally invasive surgeries- MITR Healthcare at Kharghar. This is a 16 bedded, specialty Urology, Laparoscopy and endoscopy centre in Navi Mumbai. The team includes Dr Vijaykumar Malladi, Dr Nandita Dubey and Dr Manish Dubey, May 2009
- www.MediAngels.com: Along with Dr Debraj Shome, a renowned facial plastic surgeon, Dr Singal started a venture focussed on providing access to best medical specialists across the globe using technology such as internet and in future mobile phones. The venture was funded by HDFC group for equity, March 2011
- Advanced Eye Hospital and Institute: AEHI is a multispecialty eye hospital with serene environs and six super specialist eye doctors working under one roof. Centre is equipped with Carl Zeiss diagnostic suites and State of art OT’s having laminar flow and HEPA filter systems. Centre for Lasik Surgery at AEHI is equipped with Lasik, Femto-Lasik and Collagen Cross linking system for complex and difficult refractive surgeries. Dr. Vandana Jain, a renowned Cornea Surgeon heads the centre and is currently the Managing Director of the institute, Nov 2012
Dr A. K. Singal, one of the best pediatric urologist surgeons in India, demonstrates his technique of circumcision for a child with phimosis. The circumcision surgery was performed under sedation with sevoflurane anesthesia and then a penile block injection was given for pain relief during and after surgery. Circumcision in children is a day care surgery and the kids are discharged in the late afternoon or evening of surgery.
E-mail & appointmentDr. A K Singal, Best Pediatric Urosurgeon, India
Book Immediate Appointment at Email ID
Number For Fast Track Query Reply : +91-9373055368
This Video shows Laparoscopic hernia repair surgery called Herniotomy in a 4 year old girl child as performed by Dr A. K. Singal, renowned Pediatric Urologist Surgeon.
Awards and Achievements
- Best Poster Prize at SIOP, Asia conference, 2002.
- Mridula Rohtagi Gold medal for Paediatric Surgery at AIIMS, 2003.
- U.C.Chakravorty Award for Best Research Paper, 30th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons at Jabalpur, India, October 2004
- Gold Medal in Physiology & Otolaryngology.
- Passed with honours (>75%) in Anatomy and Physiology
- Shorter Anogenital distance correlates with undescended testis: A detailed genital anthropometric analysis in human newborns. Singal AK, Jain V. Hum Reprod. 2013 Jul 9, 2013.
- Singal AK, Jain V, Raghunaathan KD, Ramu C. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome: a rare complication in a child with Marfan syndrome. Arch Dis Child. Jun 27, 2013.
- Singal AK, Dubey M, Jain V, Deshpande P. Undescended testis and torsion: is the risk understated? Arch Dis Child. 2013 Jan; 98(1):77-9. doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2012-302373. Epub Nov 24, 2012.
- Singal AK, Jain V, Dubey M, Reddy S, Deshpande P. Local steroid therapy as the first-line treatment for boys with symptomatic phimosis – a long-term prospective study. Acta Paediatr. 2012 Mar;101(3):e130-3. doi: 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2011.02534.x. Epub Dec 9, 2011.
- Singal AK, Ravikumar VR, Jain V, Kadam V. Undescended testis in Spigelian hernia–a report of 2 cases and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2011 May;21(3):194-6. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1271634. Epub Feb 18, 2011.
- Chandrasekharam VV, Singal AK. Lower urinary tract obstruction secondary to congenital bladder diverticula in infants. Pediatr Surg Int. 2009 Dec;25(12):1117-21. doi: 10.1007/s00383-009-2470-3. Epub Sep 2, 2009.
- Singal AK, Jain S, Kadam NN, Gavhane J, Patel R. Laparoscopic management of neonatal gastric volvulus: a case report and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2009 Jun;19(3):191-3. doi: 10.1055/s-0029-1202859. Epub Apr 9, 2009.
- Singal AK, Matthai J, Paul S, Ramu C. Preduodenal portal vein in association with midgut malrotation and duodenal web-triple anomaly? J Pediatr Surg. 2009 Feb;44(2):e5-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2008.10.075. Review.
- Singal AK, Paul S, Vignesh KG, Matthai J. Antenatally diagnosed ovarian cyst with torsion managed laparoscopically. Journal Ind Assoc Pediatr Sur 2008; 13: 27-28.
- Gitanjali P, Singal AK, Bhusare DB, Kadam NN. Late Presenting Right Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Journal Ind Assoc Pediatr Surg 2007; 12: 104-105.
- Singal AK, Ravikumar VR. Undescended testis in spigelian hernia. Journal Ind Assoc Pediatr Surg 2007; 12: 233-234.
- Singal AK, Jain V, Bhatnagar V, Gupta A. Transmural intrathoracic lipoma with intraspinal extension. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2007; 42: 2120-2122.
- Bhatnagar V, Balamourougane P, Singal AK. Primary closure of thoraco-abdominal ectopia cordis. J Ind Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006; 4 (11): 250-252.
- Singhal AK, Sharma S, Agarwal GS, Gupta DK, Gupta AK. Parapagus Conjoined Twins – Complicated Anatomy Precludes Separation. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006; 11 (3): 145-147.
- A.K . Singal, John Matthai Sarah Paul, Jothilakshmi. Symptomatic hepatic haemangioendothelioma in a newborn. Indian Pediatr 2006; 43: 908-10.
- Srinivas M, Singal AK, Bhatnagar V. Diaphragmatic Eventration in association with bronchopulmonary foregut malformation. J Pediatr Surg 2006 Jul; 41(7):1329-31.
- Singal AK, Ravi Kumar VR, Rao M, Matthai J. Bilateral Communicating bronchopulmonary foregut malformations in a child. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2006 Jul; 82(1):330-2.
- Singal AK, Vignesh KG, Matthai J. Acute Gastric Volvulus Secondary to Eventration of the Diaphragm In A Child. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006 Jan-Mar 11: 44-46.
- Singal AK, Bhatnagar V. Colostomy prolapse and hernia following window colostomy in congenital pouch colon. Pediatr Surg Int 2006 May; 22(5):459-61. Epub 2006 Mar 8.
- Singal AK, Agarwala S, Mitra DK, Bhatnagar V. Urethral duplication in association with anorectal malformation. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2006; 16: 214-216.
- Kumar A, Tripathi M, Kumar R, Agarwala S, Chandrashekar N, Malhotra A, Dasan JB. Diagnosis of ectopic gastric mucosa using 99Tcm-pertechnetate: spectrum of scintigraphic findings. Br J Radiol. 2005 Aug; 78(932):714-20.
- Bajpai M, Singal AK. Double Urethral Obstruction In A Neonate. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2005; 15 (6): 449-51.
- Agarwala S, Singal AK. Tumour markers in Pediatric Solid Tumours. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10 (3):183-190.
- Bhatnagar V, Singal AK, Jindal B. Penetrating diaphragmatic injury caused by a pencil. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10(2): 112-113.
- Singal AK, Dinda A, Bajpai M. Blockade of Renin Angiotensin system blunts fibrosis in experimental renal scarring in rats. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10: 20-24.
- Mitra DK, Agarwala S, Singal AK, Gupta AK, Seth T. Intralobar sequestration presenting as an antenatally diagnosed suprarenal mass. Ind J Pediatr 2004; 71(12): 1137-1139.
- Singal AK, Sharma R, Hari S, Das C, Gupta AK. Magnetic resonance imaging of parapagus twins, Eur J Radiol Extra 2004; 51: 25-29.
- Singal AK, Bhatnagar V, Srinivas M, Bal CS. Bleeding ileal duplication diagnosed by pertechnetate scan. Ind J Gastroenterol. 2004; 23: 196.
- Singal AK, Mitra DK, SAS Rifat Mannan, Agarwala S, Bhan MK, Gupta AK. Diffuse intra-abdominal fibromatosis –Report of a new entity with review of literature. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 28-31.
- Singal AK, Gupta AK, Mitra DK, Bhatnagar V. Esophageal Duplication Cyst Causing Neonatal Hemoptysis. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 99-100.
- Bhatnagar V, Singal AK. Esophageal Rupture Secondary To Blunt Trauma In A Child. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 42-43.
- Kumar A, Bajpai M, Bal CS, Tripathi M. Dorsal lumbotomy incision in paediatric pyeloplasty. ANZ J Surg. 2004 Jun;74(6):491-4.
- Kumar A, Bajpai M, Pawar DK, Gupta AK. Lumbotomy approach for upper urological tract surgery in children–an analysis of 68 consecutive lumbotomies. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2004 Jun; 14(3):163-7.
- Kumar A, Patel C, Maini A, Dasan B, Agarwala S. Pediatric Duodenal Perforation Demonstrated By Hepatobiliary Imaging. Clin Nucl Med 2000; 25: 41-43
- The impact of blockade of Renin-Angiotensin System in experimental renal scarring in rats- a morphometric analysis done at AIIMS as Experimental Thesis for M.Ch. Published as award paper in Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons.
- A study on the correlation of prognostic criteria for renal damage in primary vesicoureteral reflux and their impact on somatic growth done at AIIMS as Clinical Thesis for M.Ch.
- Urodynamic patterns in Sacral Agenesis and long term follow-up- done under guidance of Dr Stuart Bauer, Pediatric Urology Division at Boston Children’s Hospital, USA.
- Nonsurgical management of symptomatic phimosis in children with local steroid application.
- Genital Anthropometry in newborn babies- Study of 1100 neonates in Navi Mumbai
- Ureteral replacement Procedures: in Textbook of Pediatric Urology, Ed D.K.Gupta; Jaypee Publishers
- Pediatric Hernia & Hydrocele, 2009
- Section Editor Pediatric Surgery for Atlas of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Jaypee Brothers, 2012
- Section Editor for Pediatric Surgery for Atlas of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Jaypee Brothers, 2013
Presentations and Lectures
- “Genital Anthropometry- Anogenital Distance and Stretched Penile Length in Newborns with Undescended Tests”, 24th Annual Congress of the European Society of Pediatric Urology meeting at Genoa, Italy, 24th to 27th April, 2013
- First World Congress of Pediatric Urology & American Urology Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, USA, May 27- June 2, 2010
- “Pediatric Urology- An Indian Scenario”, Urology Grand Rounds, Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, USA, May 2008
- 20th International Congress of Asian Association of Pediatric Surgeons, New Delhi, 12-15 November, 2006
- “Health System- An Indian Perspective”- lecture for the faculty and students at Columbus Children’s Hospital, Ohio, USA on 23rd Dec, 2005.
- The Impact Of Blockade Of Renin-Angiotensin System In Experimental Renal Scarring In Rats presented in Peter Paul Rickham Memorial prize session. 51st Annual Congress of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, July 2004 at Oxford, England.
- 2nd International Society of Paediatric Oncology, ASIA conference and 6th National Conference of Paediatric Hematology- Oncology and Parents meeting, held at New Delhi, India, Nov 2002.
Presentations and Lectures within India
- Ureteroscopy and PCNL in children- A Pediatric Surgeon’s perspective at 7th annual Conference cum workshop of Pediatric Endo Surgeons of India (PESI-IAPS) at Hyderabad, India, 3-5th Feb, 2012
- Keynote Lecture: Hypospadias- The Current Scenario, MASICON 2009: Annual Conference of the Maharashtra State Surgeons Association at MGM Medical College Aurangabad.
- MCIAPSCON 2009: Annual Conference of the Maharashtra Chapter of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons at Solapur.
- MCIAPSCON 2008- Annual Conference of the Maharashtra Chapter of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons at Pune.
- ‘PEDICON-2007’- 44th National Conference of Indian Academy of Pediatrics held at Mumbai.
- 30th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons at Jabalpur, India, October 2004
- 29th Annual Conference of Indian Association Of Paediatric Surgeons at Hyderabad, India, November 2003
- 28th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (IAPS) at Ahmedabad, India. October 2002
- Clinical Combined round-Diffuse intra-abdominal fibromatosis at AIIMS, May 2003
- Clinical Combined round-Unusual cause of neonatal hemoptysis at AIIMS, Sep 2003
- Clinical Combined round-Relapsed Wilms’ tumor at AIIMS, Jan 2004
- Clinical Meeting-Bilateral Communicating Sequestrations in a child, At PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, March 2005
- Clinical Meeting-Neonatal Ovarian Cyst-Laparoscopic Management, At PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, July 2005
- Clinical Meeting-Acute gastric volvulus in a child at PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, August 2005
- Clinical Meeting-Preduodenal Portal vein in association with duodenal web and alrotation, At PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, August 2005
- Clinical Meeting-Acute gastric volvulus secondary to diaphragmatic eventration in a child, At PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, August 2005
- Recent Advances in Pediatric Surgery- Guest Speaker at Scientific Symposium organized by Nestle Foundation at Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu, June 2005
- Part of the organizing team in following conferences at AIIMS:
- International Workshop on Hypospadias and Intersex, Jan 1999
- Live Workshop on Neurogenic Bladder and 1st Conference of Hypospadias and Intersex disorders, Sep 1-3, 2001.
- 3rd World Congress on Pediatric Esophagus Feb 2002.
- International Workshop-Cum-Symposium on Paediatric Urology & Asian society for Paediatric Urology and Indian Society for Paediatric Urology Jan 29-30, 2003.
- International Live Workshop-cum-Symposium on Paediatric Urology & Asian society for Paediatric Urology and Indian Society for Paediatric Urology, Nov 2004